This package contains a FRONTEND for the XMAME.
Has been created in TCL/TK language and has been tested under Linux.
- XMAME: Multiarcade Machine Emulator for X-Window.
The greatest arcade classic machine emulator.
Actually suports more than 2000 games.
- FRONTEND: Program that helps working with other program.
In particular this FRONTEND starts the selected game with choosen parameters.
- Roms: Copy of the memory of the arcade machine in a ".zip" file.
You must have the "roms" of the games that you want. (If you want to find roms,
look at Internet).
- TCL/TK: Script language that allows to create graphic elements. (widgets)
- Show an image of the selected game.
- Allows to create and work with three lists of games: favorites, availables, and all
- Allows to select the main options: sound and game window size.
- Allows to enter other options of XMAME in a text field. (If you want to know about what
are this options, you can look at the 'readme' file of the XMAME).
- Allows to Save the selected options.
- Starts selected game with the choosen options.
- Searchs game with name. (allows wilcards).
- Download "lanzamame.tar.gz" file in Download section.
- Create directory <DIR_INSTALL> where you want to install software.
- Change to this directory.
- Exec the next sentence: <DIR_INSTALL> $ tar xfvz lanzamame.tar.gz
- Exec the next sentence: <DIR_INSTALL> $ Install
The installation procedure requires the following parameters:
- Path where the 'xmame' executable is.
- Path where you have the "roms" of your available games.
- Exec: <DIR_INSTALL> $ lanzamame
- Push "Make Lists" butom.